2017/10/04

BOOK REVIEW:
GOODBYE, THINGS BY FUMIO SASAKI

Title: Goodbye, Things: On Minimalist Living
Author: Fumio Sasaki
Published: 2015
Language: English
Pages: 256
Rating: 2/5


Summary:
In this book, Sasaki muses on minimalism and how he went from be a maximalist to having as few possessions as possible.


Review:
I thought this was going to be a very interesting book, and in some ways it was, but I'll admit I'm a bit disappointed.

I think minimalism is fascinating and I think it's a very interesting way to live. I think perhaps I would've enjoyed this more if it focused only on the authors journey to becoming a minimalist and there was less of the "this is how you become a minimalist" parts. The reason for that is that the minimalism in this book is pretty extreme and to be at least, felt very inaccessible. It's also presented in what I perceive to be a bit harsh; this is the way to be happy and there's very little room for anything else.

I also must mention, I thought this was pretty boring. The first chapter was really interesting, but it went downhill from there. I had next to no inclination to pick this up after I'd put it down.

I think this could be pretty interesting if you're already a minimalist and want help to bring it to the next step, but I don't think I would recommend it to anyone else (though I wouldn't say "don't read it" if you want to read it either).
You can get this book at The Book Depository
You can read more about it on Goodreads
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig