2014/10/02

Top 5: Books With Maps

You know how people always say, when there's a map in the beginning of the book, you know it's going to be a good one? I went through my bookshelf in search of some maps, and I found some cool ones...

Maps really bring another dimension to a story, and I really love it when you get to see a map of what the author has created.
1. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss


 Any epic fantasy with this kind of map always makes me really happy. The Name of the Wind is one of my favorite books of all time, and this map shows the world where it all plays out: The Four Corners of Civilization
2. Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien



Widely known to most, the Lord of the Rings holds many pages with maps of Middle Earth. Pretty gigantic. I also think this may have been the first book I ever read with a map in it.
3. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart



A book with a map that isn't fantasy - pretty rare, no? This is Beechwood Island, where most of the story in We Were Liars play out.
4.  Across the Universe by Beth Revis


This map is a little bit different - it's of a spaceship called Godspeed. This is where the main character wakes up after having been frozen for about 300 years. And I remember noticing something about this map and wondering what it was, and then the exact same question was asked and answered in the second book.
5. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin



As some of you may know, one of my favorite books... I absolutely love Westeros and Essos, and these maps are amazing. 

One thing I really love about the TV show is that they've incorporated this map into the intro, and it changes from episode to episode. 
Ah, if only we could travel to these places...

SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig